Our dentists take great care in creating your treatment plan. To do that, they may use panoramic X-rays for a comprehensive view of your mouth and teeth. If you would like to experience the difference panoramic X-rays can make for your smile, call us today, and one of our team members can help you get ready for your visit.
In order to provide you with the best possible care, it is essential for us to accurately evaluate and diagnose your oral health. One of the state-of-the-art tools we use to do that is panoramic X-rays. While standard X-rays, called bitewing X-rays, provide us with a view of a few teeth and the supporting bone structure, panoramic X-rays allow us to view the full upper and lower dental arches – including all of the teeth, the upper and lower jawbones, and the surrounding facial structures. Using panoramic X-rays, our oral health professionals can:
- Assess the need for orthodontics and evaluate the progress of treatment
- Diagnose impacted wisdom teeth and other impacted teeth
- Analyze the development of periodontal disease
- Evaluate the TMJ (jaw joint) and diagnose a TMJ disorder
- Detect oral cancer
- Plan dental implant placement
- Diagnose cavities (tooth decay) and other dental problems
- Evaluate the extent of dental and/or facial trauma
- Detect abscesses, cysts and tumors
Using the panoramic X-ray machine is fast and comfortable. The machine simply rotates around your head and provides our dentists with high-definition, nearly-instantaneous images that we can then use to evaluate your oral health. We invite you to call or visit us today to learn more about panoramic X-rays.